1. When did this Civil War begin? Where?
2. What happened during John Brown's Raid and where did it take place?
3. Which states have seceded from the Union?
4. Who is the President of the Confederacy and in what other war did he fight?
5. Why does the South think that slaves are important?
6. When did our President Lincoln issue the Emancipation Proclamation and why was it important?
7. What is the name of the general in command of Lee's Army of Northern Virginia's Confederate forces on this date here at Gettysburg?
8. What is the name of the hill south of town that our Union forces hold and who fought there yesterday on July 2nd?
9. Who is here to report on the battle from the newspaper Harper's Weekly?
10. Name the 3 border states that have not taken sides in this American Civil War.