The following are quotes that came from real interviews. Your job is to make their quotes make sense. The first one has been done for you:
- • Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I
don't have. .
"While on my way home I pulled into the wrong driveway and hit my neighbors tree." Or, The driver said that he was on his way home when he pulled into his neighbor's driveway, colliding with a tree that was on his neighbor's property.
- • The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.
- • I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head
- • I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- • A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.
- • The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before
I hit him.
- • I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law
and headed over the embankment.
- • In an attempt to kill a fly I drove into a telephone pole.
- • I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I
reached an intersection a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not
see the other car.
- • I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and
had an accident.
- • As I approached an intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a place
where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to
avoid the accident.
- • To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck a pedestrian.
- • My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle.
- • An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.
- • I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found
that I had a fractured skull.
- • I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the
road when I struck him.
- • The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.
- • I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the road.
- • The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with
a big mouth.
- • I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a
ditch by some stray cows.
- • The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out of
the way when I struck the front end.